ShouShu - Shou Shu

Dedicated to Moore's Shou Shu - ShouShu
It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Back after 14 years.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:21 pm 

Hello to everyone in the Shou Shu family. I studied this great art on and off for about 2 years combined back in the early '90s. I was fortunate enough to be brought up mainly by Shi Gung Way when he was a 1st and 2nd degree Shifu. Shun Shifu Jones (3rd degree at the time) was the head of the Merced studio then. I received my High Green belt from DaShifu Sr. back in 1995, and left the same year.

I'm back now for good and was hoping someone would be kind enough to give me some ideas on how to re-learn all of the techniques. Everyone in the Livermore studio has been nothing but welcoming, supportive, and understanding of my long hiatus. I owe it to them and myself to get back on track ASAP. I hate slowing down class because I cannot remember something from a lower belt--very embarassing. Shun Shifu Jack and Shifu Lewis have been alternating me between my low belt material and the 3rd brown material, which has helped me get back into it and given me something to look forward to all at once. I'm just looking for a way to do some work at home, because I have a 45 min commute to the studio which cuts down on my studio time.

Is there a definitive printed list of the techniques and their motions I can acquire from someone? I hate always asking the Shifus and browns to make special arrangements to get me on track, so if anyone has some ideas I would be very grateful. I will attend this next camp in September which I'm sure will help get me started. Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer some help/advice.

Mark Adolphson
High Green
Livermore Studio

“He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.” ~Samuel Johnson