ShouShu - Shou Shu

Dedicated to Moore's Shou Shu - ShouShu
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 30years
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:56 pm 
Site Moderator

This month is my 30 year anniversary being in Moore's Shou Shu. It was thirty years ago that a cocky long haired, bearded guy with an attitude and a coors t-shirt on walked in to Moore's in Lodi to checkout what the school was all about. Well, half way in to my free group lesson I got my ass dropped, it was Shifu Bruns from Stockton, he knew I needed to be "shown" how effective Shou Shu was......lol. Needless to say I signed up....how time has flown. And it's been a hell of a ride. And I plan on riding it til the wheels fall off!!!

Post subject: Re: 30years
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:20 pm 

Happy Anniversary DaShifu, thank you for staying the course, dedicating yourself, and sharing all the incredible knowledge, passion (& nostalgia) with us all these many years!!! I'll never forget the 1st time I had the opportunity to get instruction from you at a Burson camp (Green material) when you came over and worked with me on Strike of the Cobra, I was in awe of that flow and energy!!

I feel extremely fortunate over the years to have been taught some great lessons not only by you, but all the other Masters & "old timers". I am grateful to all of you!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:10 pm 
Site Moderator

Thanks for the kind words Shun Shifu, not to hot on the "old timer" comment though!! ...lol But I guess the truth hurts sometimes......lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:11 pm 

Congrats Da Shifu!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:40 am 

It sets a true example of what can be accomplished with dedication and time. I think it says alot about one's character to be dedicated to something this long... 30yrs, not many can say that about anything in their life. To do something you love for 30yrs is almost unheard of now a days. My hats off to you sir, this is truly a HUGE accomplishment!

Shun Shifu Vargas
on the trail to 10years and counting....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:35 am 

:D Congratulations Da Shifu. It has been a great ride, it seems like yesterday that I also signed-up in a similar scenario, just mine was in Lodi. It's my pleasure to have had lessons from you for the past few years. You are one of the best martial artist that I know. I have been in ShouShu for the past 23 years. And looking to get more lessons from you. Thanks for all the lessons, SHun Shifu GuerreroSr.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:03 pm 

Cogratulations Dashifu.

I remember the first time I had the opportunity to witness your skills. Around 5 or 6 years back at an animal seminar in Turlock when you deminstrated cobra against Shihan Lara's mongoose. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. I think there was over 200 pepole there and we were all just in awe.

Thank you for all you've done for all of us and your dedication to excellence.

Shifu Rhoten -Kingman, AZ