Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/shoushu/public_html/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/shoushu/public_html/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/shoushu/public_html/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
ShouShu - Shou Shu • View topic - CAMP JUNE 2009

ShouShu - Shou Shu

Dedicated to Moore's Shou Shu - ShouShu
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: CAMP JUNE 2009
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:28 am 

This had to be one of the best camps ever. It was so well run and organized. I can't even imagine what the total of students and family members that attended, maybe Da'Shifu Frier can help us with that.

The children's program was awesome!!! Elk Grove had the strongest attendance and 50% of my students were kids! They absolutely loved their time there and couldn't get enough!

The adult programs were great! Everyone clicked so well with their instructors and the classes were jam packed! It was great seeing my friends and family of Shou Shu through out the event!

It was a blessing and honor to see the Da'Shifu's and ShiHan's in attendance walking along side of Jung Moon! It took me back to the old days! There was so much unity, exactly how it should be!

Shifu Lopez, oldest of the Vargas clan, was tested and set a new standard for 3rd degree tests! His speed and power was unreal and unmatched! Jung Moon is resetting the standards on testings and It couldn't happen at a better time! I was honored to be apart of it!

The demos were great and addition to the demos, Shun Shifu Anderson proposed to his girl and she accepted! I've known him all of my Shou Shu career and am truly happy for him!

Stay tuned for Shifu Guerrero Jr's and Shifu Shin's episode of "Challenge of the Iron Fist" demo.. if you weren't there.. hopefully it pops up on youtube.. it was hilarious!!!

Post subject: Re: CAMP JUNE 2009
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:47 am 

WOW!!

Thank you for the run down on this Shun Shifu!! I always appreciate your enthusiasm when it comes to seminars and camps. Most of my memorable experiences in years past was either watching you perform, teach, or get taught on (hahaha, remember Peking Heel at the one seminar?) I will never 4get DaShifu Ralph teaching us that version, or how I was at the one camp when you tested for BB. I was so happy for you & was there to congratulate you.

Anyhow I am glad this was such a positive event with great attendance. I truly miss all my Shou Shu friends and Masters, but it always helps to get a great update from you!

Perhaps others will follow suit and post some more of what they gained from this past week's experiences.

Also from what I read on your other thread, sounds like your school got some epic teachings from the man himself!!

How bout it everyone? What did you garnish this time around???

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:35 pm 

There seemed to be a positive energy in camp. I only went to camp on Sunday so I was unable to see the demos. I hope that someone puts them on Youtube or the Moore's website. What is the new standard for the 3rd degree test?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:09 pm 

gen8599 wrote:
There seemed to be a positive energy in camp. I only went to camp on Sunday so I was unable to see the demos. I hope that someone puts them on Youtube or the Moore's website. What is the new standard for the 3rd degree test?

What I mean is, is that whoever is going to test better work their behinds off harder than ever.... Shifu Lopez worked harder than ever for this test and he exploded on the mat! super fast speed with tons of power behind it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:35 am 

I agree that camp was really great! It was my first camp where I taught and it was really cool to help Shifu Johnson in the fighting set group. This time instead of watching him as a student to learn (I was in his group a couple camps ago), I watched him so I could learn how to teach it as well as he does. I thought as a newbie I was going to hang back and just help out but was thrown out there and did a lot of teaching on my own so I really appreciate the confidence Jung Moon and DaShifu Freier had in me.

Also, CONGRATULATIONS to Shifu Lopez. He may have mastered the Mongoose, but he needs to work on his Monkey skills. :lol: As for the demos, my fear is that it will pop up on youtube. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:07 pm 

:mrgreen: WOW!! Is right! That camp was amazing!! I remember Monday being really sore and still wanting to go back again. I wish we could do camp once a month!! Awesome to see Jung Moon Friday night walk some of my friends across the grass and tell them what to do to improve their motion. I loved how the Da'Shifus were getting involved and sharing their knowledge. Everyone seemed to want to help one another. It was just a great team effort! It was not my first camp but I cannot explain what a wonderful experience it was.

Thank you to Jung Moon for being himself. Thank you to the Da'Shifus for getting so involved. Thank you to the ShiGungs for not breaking any arms :). Thank you to the ShiHans for sharing their take on techniques. Thank you to the Shun Shifus for showing us power. And thank you to the Shifus for being so patient and helpful with everyone. It was great to learn the different tips and tricks from different perspectives. And holy cow! There were some amazing demos!! Congratulations Shun Shifu Anderson! What a great way to pop the question!

I had such a great experience at camp that I really feel sorry for anyone that missed it. I have finally found my passion! I would like to say thank you to Jung Moon and his father-God rest his soul-for bringing this art to reality. My only regret is that I didn't find Shou' Shu' when I was younger. It is just amazing and holds an infinite learning experience. I know I will never be able to learn it all but I sure am going to try. I am committed!! Can't wait for September!!! Until then, I will follow the "A Thousand Times is Not Enough" rule from the Moore's News page.

I hope everyone remembers, the more days a week you go to the studio, the more you will have the ability to learn.

Shou' Shu' for life!!

-Salute!-