ShouShu - Shou Shu

Dedicated to Moore's Shou Shu - ShouShu
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Training thought
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:54 pm 
Site Moderator

I was contemplating not going in to train the other day cause I just felt tired and I was thinking of excuses to call it off, but I know that consistancy is important so I trained anyway, and needless to say it was one of the best workouts I have had in awhile, so the point is....don't judge how you feel at the moment on how your workout is "going" to be, the important thing as that you go and be consistant with your training....just thought that others may benefit from that bit of advice.

Post subject: Re: Training thought
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:19 pm 

Great advice DaShifu.
I have personally been in that conflict many times. Telling myself I do not feel well enough to work out.

It would end up being that the best thing to do was to go anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:12 pm 

It's important to train when we don't feel like it, because sometimes we need to fight when we are not at 100%. We can't ask our attacker to come back later when we're feeling better. Last year when I was just out of the hospital, I was attacked by some pathetic gang banger wannabe. I knew I was nowhere near 100% and thank God that I had walked through some material, even if it wasn't anywhere near full speed. The "technique" took over since I couldn't rely on my ungodly strength, as I usually do. I was also aware of his loser buddies waiting around the corner of the gas station on their bikes...yes, these 20-something year old losers were on bikes. HAHA! So after I choked out the main idiot, I threw him down in the path of his buddies who were peddling towards me. They ran over their buddy's body and were shocked and just stopped in their tracks as they all jumped off their bikes and stood around, not knowing what to do. I knew what to do! I got in my Hummer and ran over all their bikes like the Snowman did in the Smokey & The Bandit movie! HAHA! So, be prepared for any situation and practice whenever you can, no matter how bad you feel at the time...because you will feel far worse if you get your ass kicked!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:30 am 

:lol: :lol: You should talk to Da Shifu about putting that technique on the cards.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:06 pm 

And yet there are still some out there who I'm sure would have called you the bad guy in the situation cause you own a hummer...God Bless the u.s.a. (Great story, by the way :D )